Operations Systems Specialist
Location: Concord, North Carolina US
Job Number: 791
At a Glance
Legrand has an exciting opportunity for a Operations Systems Specialist to join the Electrical Wiring Systems Team in Concord, NC.
In this role the candidate will develop and implement strategy to deploy IT technology to improve operational efficiency. Support existing and future hardware solutions (printers, plc's, etc) to ensure they are working properly and that they are on sustainable platforms. Coordinate with IT on installing and maintaining software applications on various equipment. Support operations team with various systems related activities.
What Will You Do?
MAIN JOB DUTIES.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement technology solutions (bar coding, wireless, RFID, etc.) to enable our operations & supply chain team to be more efficient.
- Develop a systems technology strategy and implementation roadmap for the Operations team.=
- Support existing and future hardware solutions (printers, plc's, etc) to ensure they are working properly and that they are on sustainable platforms.
- Coordinate with IT on installing and maintaining software applications on various equipment.
- Upgrade legacy systems to better supported revisions where required.
- Lead various projects (systems upgrades, implementation of new tools, etc.) as the Program Manager.
- Support the Engineering EPDM system as required.
- Provide updates and custom extractions to and from various ERP systems to aid in business processes (budgeting, physical inventory, etc)
- Perform other similar and related duties as required.
- Bachelors' of Science in one of the following fields: Engineering, Information Technology, or Computer Science
- Minimum 5 years' experience supporting ERP, Hardware, and Software systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have experience supporting operations and engineering in an Industrial environment.
- Strong knowledge of Networks and PC's is a must.
- Must be knowledgeable on all Microsoft software and tools including Access.
- Must have experience supporting various manufacturing hardware applications (PC's, Printers, Bar Code Scanners, PLC's, etc)
- Must have experience with a major ERP & MRP system, preferably SAP.
- Experience developing and implementing a technology strategy is a plus.
- Must understand BOM's, Labor Routings, material standards, and other mfg. structures.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communications skills and be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization
- Requires strong organizational and time management skills and ability to concurrently manage multiple projects while delivering expected results on time.
- Must be a creative thinker who can develop or assist in developing lean processes and systems.
- Exposure to a Lean Manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Experience with ASI/ERP software on an AS400 platform a plus (but not required).
Candidate must have a working knowledge of this specific software/application/system to be considered as an applicant:
- EPDM systems
- ERP systems
- Bill of Materials
- MRP systems
- AS400 platform
Every single day, Legrand brings power, light and data to millions of spaces around the world. Legrand is a global, publicly-traded company listed on the Euronext (Legrand SA EPA: LR) with 36,000 employees worldwide, a market cap of $16B, revenue of more than $5 billion, with products sold in 180 countries. Legrand is listed on the Forbes Global 2000 as one of the world's best employers. For more information, visit legrand.com.
About Legrand North and Central America
Legrand North and Central America (LNCA) employs over 5,000 associates in 60 locations, working in 6 product categories (Electrical Wiring Systems, Building Control Systems, AV, Data Communications, Power Distribution and Control, and Lighting). LNCA offers comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage. LNCA offers distinctive benefits like high employer 401K match, above-benchmark paid maternity leave, paid time off to volunteer, and an active women's network. LNCA is an employee-centered, growth company with tremendous opportunity. For more information, visit legrand.us.
About Legrand's Electrical Wiring Systems Division
Legrand's Electrical Wiring Systems (EWS) division provides the most complete line of residential, commercial and industrial electrical wiring devices in the world. EWS has strong market positions in wiring devices, raceway, floor & open space, overhead systems, pro-installed home systems and specialty networking across a number of exciting verticals including industrial food and beverage, hospitality and residential builders. For more information, visit legrand.us/electrical wiring devices
Equal Opportunity Employer
Community / Marketing Title: Operations Systems Specialist
Location_formattedLocationLong: Concord, North Carolina US
Job Number: 5283